It's no secret that I love salad. It's the most perfect meal. Salads can be loaded with nuts and seeds, garnished with interesting fresh herbs and boosted with beans, legumes or grains; the news is true, salads are SO much more than lettuce on a plate!
This salad is easily boosted by the addition of protein- plant based or omnivorous, I'll leave that up to you.
- 1-1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 onion, cut into half moons and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes (strain)
- 1/3 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup grated or shaved parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon + 1 drop lemon essential oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
In a medium sized bowl add the lemon eo, lemon juice and olive oil; whisk for 10 seconds. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve.
This salad will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.