The IUD is gaining in popularity among women, though the pill still tops the list as a contraceptive choice; with that said, there are a great many myths and misunderstandings about the IUD.
In this episode of the B-sides Podcast I dispel some of these myths and tell you why I think the IUD can be a wonderful natural contraceptive solution.
- Today’s IUD is not your mother’s IUD
- There are non-hormonal options- YAASSSS
- IUDs don’t cause infections...anymore
- They won’t help your skin
- Cramping is not uncommon
- You might stop getting your period...BUUUUT don't get too excited
- Size can matter...it really is the size of the boat
- IUDs are totally reversible, and don't have negative hormonal implications