I LOVE coconut anything, from milk, manna, yogurt and everything in between. I made this deliciousness for a client this week and it delivered...but, not to toot my own horn, most of the stuff I make delivers ;)
Make the sauce with the chicken ahead of time, freeze for 3 month in meal sized portions, and prepare zoodles or regular noodles as needed.
Coconut Rose Sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1/3 cup coconut milk FULL FAT
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano
- 1 tbsp dried poultry spice
- Heat the oil in a saute pan on medium high heat, and add the onion; cook, stirring, until the onion begin to caramelize, about 5-7 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 1 minute; add the coconut milk and bring to a boil. Taste to adjust seasonings (salt and pepper), add the oregano and poultry spice and stir in the shredded chicken.
To prepare zucchini noodles use a spiralizer or a Y shaped peeler to make long (check out my FB page for a spiralizer tutorial click HERE), papparadelle like "pasta" threads. And serve with the hot coconut tomato rose sauce with chicken.